Monday, April 21, 2014

10 Life Moments That Built My Character #1


We all have moments in our life that change us.
They change us to the core and shape who are as human beings and how we choose to interact with others.  I think it's safe to say that most people have more than 10 events that impacted their lives in a way that caused it to have a reaction like The Five People You Meet in Heaven, but I chose 10 as personal challenge to myself to pick and choose.  Damn...this was hard and this will be lengthy.




1// Attending a college worship service.
One of my sorority sisters, Lindsay, took me to a college worship night.  Growing up Catholic, I really didn't listen to contemporary Christian music and I also never really witnessed people raise their hands voluntarily during a service.  We walked into a college auditorium, the one at UW that's used for Journalism 101 and it was crazy.  So many college kids were there and the music, man-oh-man the music fun and fantastic.  It was so easy to learn the songs and I was used to hymnals, not projector screens but I loved it all.  It showed me that we can worship our Lord in so many different ways and celebrate His glory how we see fit.  I know contemporary Christian services aren't for everyone, but it was an experience that really set me on my course for furthering a true, deeply connected relationship with God.


If you liked this post, share it with others! If you feel particularly moved by it, leave a comment because I love feedback and discussion. Social media links are provided below and thanks for reading!
 photo signature_zpsc0b51015.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment