Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Visit to Wine Country

How about this view?


I went on my first wine tasting yesterday and it was really nice!
I already live in wine country due to being stationed here, so the title is a little misleading.
Regardless, it's absolutely beautiful here and with my roommate's bff visiting, it was time to explore a little bit more of the area.




 

About four of us went to Curtis Wineries and sampled five different wines.
It was $10 a glass, so for the four of us, $30 was spent.
Brittany and I split a glass, so that's one way to save a little as well as make sure the driver can taste but isn't really taking in alcohol into his or her system.

Curtis Winery
My crew partner, Ashton and I

I'm a newbie to this but I do know that they had a chocolate pairing taste available.
What I was surprised by was that they didn't offer those things right away.
I would have really like to have sampled sweeter wines.
I'm not really a dry wine kinda gal.


They have a really cool opportunity to invest in a charity wine called, Semper Red.
Proceeds from the wine purchase go to help the educational efforts of children of fallen Marines.
I haven't tried it yet but I definitely purchased a bottle and hopefully it will help a child with receiving higher education.


All-in-all, I definitely want to go to other vineyards and try their selection out.
My crew partner had an amazing idea for Christmas gifts and I think I might copy the idea and send bottles of wine back to Sconnie nation...we'll see ;)

Have a happy Sunday!




No comments :

Post a Comment