Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Show & Tell: When I was 17



1. When you were 17, tell us what kind of car you drove, where you worked, and what you were usually up to on the weekends?
I drove this beauty- a Nissan Altima to all of my extracurricular functions and class on a daily basis.  I was and still am an overachiever but I did everything I could in high school to boost my resume for college and it worked in my favor.  I worked multiple jobs including working at a bakery, indoor amusement park/arcade, and lifeguarding.
Clogging the slide- so much fun and yet probably very dangerous
ah hell, I was 17 :P

2. Show us a picture of you when you were 17 {roughly}.
You know we all had mirror/duck face pictures while growing up.
This became one of my favorite "going out" shirts freshman year of college.

Homecoming Court

Percussion section (yup, I loved being in band) and being in the percussion section was a blast. 
Here I am with one of my favorites :)

3. When you were 17, tell us what you wanted to be when you "grew up."
I definitely wanted to be something in marketing.  I was a part of the advanced marketing program at our high school and competed in DECA.  We ran the top school store in the state and I also had the privilege of competing internationally.  I didn't fall too far from that plan as I graduated from UW with a degree in strategic communication and gender & women's studies.
Wisconsin Dells trip with some of the Advanced Marketing ladies

4. When you were 17, tell us the kind of boys that you dated. Did you have a type? Do you have a relationship you remember well? Tell us about it.
My husband as a freshman or so in high school.
I actually met my husband while I was in high school on a school marketing trip.
I didn't really date in high school.  My parents were incredibly strict and I wasn't too keen on the guys that went to my high school so I kind of just hung out with my friends.  College provided a better variety of guys but the irony is that I married a guy that I went to high school with.
 He kind of looks like a homeless man here but he was incredibly cute and charming.
All of the girls liked him and so I knew right away I should stay away from him lol.
Before you knew it that lumber jack-looking man became a Marine.

5. When you were 17, tell us where you pictured your life 10 years from then. Did it turn out the way you expected it to?
I definitely did not expect to be married nor did I expect myself to be an Air Force officer.  I started ROTC while I was in college, so I didn't even graduate high school with that plan in mind.  I definitely would give myself some choice advice on what boys to date in college, how to approach difficult classes and not to worry about the small things.

Remember to use the promotion code HOCUSPOCUS to get a free ad space and guest blog post from now until mid-November.



    



No comments :

Post a Comment