Saturday, January 26, 2013

Favorite Things Friday: New House Edition

No, this isn't our house but isn't it beautiful?
I'm incredibly excited for our upcoming move because we'll be living in our home for FOUR years.  Not three months, six months, or a year, but four actual years.  It could even be five or six.  Regardless, it's a beautiful thought to be able to nest a little bit and really establish what I call "home."

I've definitely been indulging in Pinterest pictures of home improvement projects and decor.  Ever since marrying Ryan, I have dreamed of owning our own home and being able to paint the walls, install fixtures and really make it our own.  Being in the military, I'm not entirely sure when that will be, but for now having a home for at least four years is pretty darn awesome.

So this Favorite Things Friday is dedicated to my dream home and maybe even a few things that I would like to use for our new house.


Stunning copper and gray contemporary bathroom
 Source
I absolutely love dream bathrooms.  Has anyone swooned over a waterfall shower?  The idea of having a spa and shower jets sounds fricken amazing.

I have always wanted a kickass shower in my future home. This is definitely happening :)
Source
Speaking of showers, how about this shower door?
It reminds me of greenhouse and has such a romantic theme to it.

shower door
Source
 
my future office please
Source
This is the place where dreams come true!  
I would fill the walls of my office with pictures to inspire and space to design.
I would also have tons of books, because what would my office be without books.

MY DREAM KITCHEN!!!
Source
This kitchen is so spacious and delightful! 
I adore natural light in rooms and how the cabinetry works so well with the counter tops.

I like this. $10 wall shelf!
Source
These picture shelves are darling! I can picture them lining the hallways with beautiful family photos.

Dark wall, white frames.  Love this for an accent wall.
Source
As if the shelves didn't tip you off, I love picture frames and incorporating family pictures into the home decor.
textured wallpaper stairs.
Source
My infatuation with details would definitely include these wallpaper stairs.

amazing tiny book nook.
Source
I would love to cuddle up with a book, a glass of Arizona Tea, and just snuggle up in this book nook for an afternoon.  

Other awesome book nooks, include this guy:
nook
Source

Closet Doors
Source
Totally and completely obsessed with these closet doors!  Don't they remind you of one of those Cotton Brand commercials?  Those commercials are always so fabulous and carefree.  You have all of these actresses singing about their cotton fabric dresses and doing fabulous things.   
Le sigh- living the dream

Built in dog crate.. I love that it has its own windows
Source
This would be perfect for our two German Shepherds.  I also love that there are windows for the dogs to peer out and I also really like this crate/pen area that is built into the house.

Much better than a Crate!!!
Source
I'm very much a visual learner, so I love adding pictures and just an overall visual dynamic whenever I present anything, so that's why there is a large abundance of pictures.  If you like these, definitely follow my Pinterest boards.  These pictures are not mine and I tried to reference their accurate sources to the best of my ability.  Oh and we can't forget about this incredible fire pit/back yard scene:

Sunken fire pit. Love it!
Source
and after a cozy night with friends, you can check out a book from your personal library

kaiew:    this would be so wonderful
Source
Hell to the yeah, 
that would be one awesome house.

Thanks for reading (more like viewing)!


4 comments :

  1. I love these pictures!! I think the first bathroom picture and the white washed closet doors are my favs. YAY for living in 1 place for 4 years!!

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't those closet doors just make you swoon? Those closet doors would make sweatpants look chic :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I would do the exact same things to my house and actually posted something similar to this...we are hoping to buy a house at some point this year so I am excited about home decor too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for being new homeowners! Good luck (and future congratulations) on your potential new home. I'm definitely jealous. I want to do some serious remodeling to whatever house we eventually own. I've got big plans, which probably require a bigger wallet :P

      Delete