Sunday, January 13, 2013

Get to Know the Book Swap Hosts

With the Blogger Book Swap's official start being days away, I thought you all might enjoy the opportunity to get to know your hosts (hostesses) and their blogs.  We are all avid readers and bloggers, so take the time to check out our blogs and leave some lovin' =]


I'm Lesley and I blog at By the Porchlight about all things creative along with good reads, good deeds and random adventures! I, also, co-founded the Literary Junkies monthly link-up and online book club. I have so much fun with my real-life book club that I thought an online one would be a great way to connect with other bloggers. The best book I ever read with my book club was Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum - a fantastic WWII story. I love historical fiction!


 Photo credit Claudia Carter Photography
"Today, I'm Bobbi." is a lifestyle and travel blog that focuses on pretty things in pretty spaces. I spend a lot of my time traveling, helping brands and blogs define themselves and grow, and trying not to burn my kitchen down during cooking experiments.

My favorite books to date are The Harry Potter Series (obviously) by J.K. Rowling, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz. All are absolutely magical in their own unique ways and create such a rich world for the reader that it's nearly impossible to draw yourself out of it. To me books provide an oasis of reflection and imagination and when an author has a way with words they have my heart.


Hey Book Swappers! I'm so glad you've decided to join this blogger book swap, I think it's going to be a LOT of fun! My name's Nicole at Three31 and I am a 20-something country girl from Kentucky married to a Texas boy. We live near Fort Worth with Blue, our white horse. I love Jesus, sweet tea, country music, the SEC, learning photography, cooking, and, of course, blogging and reading. My tastes in literature vary just as much. I love most everything from classics (Pride and Prejudice, The Scarlett Letter, Where the Red Fern Grows, and The Great Gatsby), religion and spirituality (Margaret Feinberg, Maya Angelou, Eckhart Tolle), romance (Bluegrass State of Mind), fiction (Room and The Help), and non-fiction (Biography of Benjamin Franklin and Night). If all of this isn't confusing enough, my favorite in 2012 was the 50 Shades Trilogy. Say what you will and think what you want, but I love these books. I read the entire series in one weekend -- I could NOT put my Kindle down! While they are not the best written, the story is fantasy at its best. It is raw, powerful, and a reminder that it is in relationships we are broken ... and restored.



Hi Everyone!
I'm Daliene and Alamo Adventures is a life and style blog about my adventures here in Texas. I'm so excited that you will be joining us for the Blogger Book Swap!  I'm an elementary GT teacher by day and a wanna be runner, baker, blogger, thrifter, design-addict by night.  If I could spend my days reading on the couch (and eating ice cream) I would be the happiest girl in the world!  My favorite book of all time is Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I am a sucker for true love, because Florentino waiting 50 years for Fermina gets me every time! 


Hi friends! My name is Nicole and I blog over at Flip Flops and Combat Boots. When I'm not blogging you can find me cooking, traveling, eating, drinking...and, of course, reading. I'm the girl who never creases, dog ears, or bends her books - making them look like they have never been read! My library ranges from mystery to memoir and everything in between. Memoirs are my favorite...I love reading and learning about people, no matter how "big" or "little" they are. Need a great book recommendation? Pick up Life After Death by Damien Echols...you'll thank me later!


I'm Kim, the author of The Simplicity of Being Curious and the one who has been sending out all of those e-mails.  I love to read and have a way of picking up more books than I can handle.  I love exploring a good bookstore, whether it's new books or used.  I especially love finding a thrift shop with an excellent book selection. Thank you to all those who have participated in this book swap.  Y'all are amazing and I could not have seen this idea come to life without you!

4 comments :

  1. I am so excited for this and thanks so much to all of you for this swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you are amazing. Thank you for creating this GENIUS book swap. I'm so excited to be a part of your idea. Thank you! Thank you! As for the rest of the ladies, y'all are HOT stuff. Big hugs to you all. :)

    Nicole @ Three 31
    http://nicoleandkevin.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN!! I forgot to crop out my socks! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun and I can't wait to check out each blog individually when I have more time!
    I, like Kim, have far too many books and still keep bringing them in!

    ReplyDelete