Friday, February 22, 2013

The BLOGSCARS: Your Guide to the Blogging Stars

I love award shows.  So it seemed incredibly fitting to me that some of my favorite bloggers get awarded for their efforts during the past year.  You see great content, beautiful photography, and a wonderful relationship they build with their readers.  Building a blog is a craft and there can be uplifting moments and pitfalls.  You may have seen my "blog obessions" posts in the past, but this month with inspiration from the Oscars, I present to you:

 photo blogscarslogo_zps560b6acd.jpg

It's an idea that I came up with to celebrate some of my favorite bloggers and the great posts that they have written. I have so many favorite blogs, so just like the Oscars, not everyone is represented in tomorrow's Blogscars. However, it is my first attempt at this and I want it to be as fabulous as ever.

Now it wouldn't be an awards show without some promotional material:


The categories, with their nominees are as listed:

 Popular Blog Link-Ups
Northern Belle Diaries
Sami's Shenanigans 
Living in Yellow
I Wore Yoga Pants to Work

Best DIY Birthday
Little Baby Garvin
Craft, Interrupted
Pillow Thought

Best Mommy Moment
Pillow Thought
Vicki Christine
Crunchy Catholic Momma 
Raechel Myers

Down-to-Earth Post
Spillerena
Mish Lovin' Life
Today, I'm Bobbi
Trial by Sapphire

As you're reading the nominees, I'm sure several posts are popping up in your head that aren't listed here.  I chose these bloggers and these posts for very specific reasons, many of which you will find out tomorrow.  Some of the bloggers you may know, others are just starting out or have "smaller" blogs and I really appreciate that diversity.  These writers have blogs that I frequent often and look forward to their posts.  You can see their whit, character, and true selves in their writing.  Many of them are also fan favorites.  I chose these four categories because I felt like they really encompass many of the blogs that you see out there.  I could have chosen "cutest pregnancy," "best outfits of the day," "most original instagram," however, I decided to keep it short and sweet.  There are a ton of bloggers with fantastic posts, and also a ton of bloggers with mediocre ones as well.  That's why I like to call attention to blogs and their specialties and what we can learn from them.  Thank you all of these bloggers and those reading for sharing your story with the public and readers who just love to blog.  Tomorrow I will post a video/content post on the BLOGSCARS and I hope you enjoy!

Thanks for Reading!


Be sure to check out this month's featured blog:


12 comments :

  1. This is just too cute. And I'm so surprised and honored to be listed among these bloggers. Many of them are the ones I "looked up to" and still do look up to in the blogging world. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Your link-up was chosen as a nominee because of its interactive quality. Each new link-up requires the readers to be challenged to write and reminisce. Both of which are awesome!

      Delete
  2. You are so creative! Thank you for the last hour of my time, so fun to "meet" other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These bloggers are amazing women with so many different personalities. I just love seeing their posts on my feed and I hope you love their writing styles as well :)

      Delete
  3. You have no idea how wonderful this makes me feel. It's been a rough week, but you've reminded me why I love the blogging community so much. There is so much that we can share, learn, discuss, and enjoy by reading other blogs and seeing what others have to say about our own blogs. I loved reading all the posts you nominated from each blog too. Thank you, K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that this cheered you up! You are hands down one of my most favorite bloggers and I completely agree with you that the blogging community has some type of healing power. I think it has to do with the personalities of different women gathering together to share their thoughts and lives with each other. Make sure you come back tomorrow to watch the video clip! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I just love award shows and it came to me the other day that I should give out the equivalent of a blog award. Just like the Oscars for different character portrayals, I feel that blog posts reflect their writers. I had a lot of fun with it and I hope you enjoy tomorrow's post :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a fun way to discover new bloggers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy tomorrow's post.

      Delete
  6. What a cute post!! And you put so much time into making that video! You're totally my new blogging inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and great idea!!! I would have nominated your book swap in for best link up :)

    ReplyDelete