Saturday, May 4, 2013

Jessica from Sweet Green Tangerine & The Book Chat

Hello there! I am Jessica and I am the voice behind the quirky web-space, Sweet Green Tangerine. Kimberly has asked me to a part of her Preview to Summer series and I was super-excited about her plan to bring all the book-lovin' to one place. Well, if you read The Simplicity regularly (which you should) then you have probably seen Kimberly link-up with the Book Chat on Thursdays. Well, that's my baby.

What is the book chat?

Well, a little over a year ago, I had been grappling with the idea of being a quasi-book blogger, meaning this: I wanted to blog about books as well as life and not be tied down to reviews and promotions. I wanted to find other regular ol' bloggers who love to read as much as I do. I wanted to have a time and place where we could bring the same topic together and share interests and ideas and laughs and lots of Harry Potter.

And that's where it started. We've had the same ol' regulars along the way as well as some awesome newcomers, which always makes my day. The Book Chat was never about attracting thousands or getting new followers. It's more personal than that.

Here's how it works:

I post a topic every Thursday, like favorite fictional couple or best movie adaptation. We all have a week to think of our answers and then we link-up our posts the following Thursday. I have tried to make the topics something we would actually blog about. I wanted to avoid this become a question:answer prompt. I have seen some excellent stand-alone posts come from book chat topics.

Every Thursday evening I do my rounds and read each and every link-up for the book chat, and my favorite part is seeing everyone commenting on everyone else's posts. It's truly a coversation and not just a link-up. I have found some of the best books and made some of the greatest friends.

It's certainly grown over time. We've added co-hosts every week and we even did our own book swap last fall. We've become a community, and our arms are always open to book-loving bloggers eager to join in.

You can find us here every Thursday. Please join in!

Photobucket

This Thursday's topic is Best Literary Mothers...and I'm still looking for a co-host!

Thanks for having me, Kimberly. And thanks for spreading the book love.


post signature 
Venus Trapped in Mars is having a little competition and I would like to win. If you like my blog, my posts, or just want to see me with that special victory button, please vote!
Venus Trapped in Mars

1 comment :

  1. I love the book chat. I've met so many great people through it and found some amazing books that I've never heard of before. Jessica's idea was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete