Saturday, December 21, 2013

2013 Red Dawg Holiday Party


T-shirts from Kotis Designs
 I was so thrilled that our squadron's holiday party was such a success!  I was part of a holiday party committee that put together a delicious holiday dinner and also an accompanying bar crawl called the downtown social.  It was a lot of fun to put together the elements for each part of the event, but it was very stressful.  The day after, I was so relieved that everything had gone so well.  So here's a recap:

 
We played so many fun games.  Here was a gift wrapping challenge.  My favorite was my friend Jake wrapping a cheese head cowboy hat :P

 We then headed out to local establishments on a revamped school bus.  It was pretty awesome.

 I visited seven establishments a week before and asked if we could coordinate drinks specials and activities in advance.  We had seven bars participate but could only visit six.

 We had a great turnout and for me, it was a great way to see more of this city that we now live in.


 
The giant Jenga was a huge hit, plus we had so many other fun games set up for us.  I highly recommend bringing plastic cups and ping pong balls with you if you coordinate your own pub crawl.  That's what we did and it made set up and clean up really easy.
 
 Apart from Tap House with their awesome staff, I think my favorite stop of the night was a bar that had karaoke ahem, I mean Mad Dawg Karaoke.  We danced and sang for a good hour and a half until we had to leave for the last stop.

 
 
 I couldn't have done it without the help of so many folks and I greatly appreciated their words of encouragement throughout the process!

 

Now I'll leave you with this starry bar sky.  If you're from Great Falls, can you guess which bar this is?

No comments :

Post a Comment