Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread


Isn't it beautiful?

I originally found this recipe on Pinterest from the blog, Finding a New Life Through Food
I would just like to make sure that everyone understands this is not my recipe and I'm just sharing something super delicious.  Visit the link to check out the original recipe in its entirety!

Here's how I went about making Buffalo Chicken Garbage Bread, plus I made my pizza dough versus buying it.  I seriously love this stuff.  It is soooooo good.  My husband requests it often and I made it for my friends, Ashley and Josh, before their vacay to Hawaii.  As soon as they got back, Ash sent me a text requesting the recipe.  It's that good.

What you'll need to concoct this deliciousness:
  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
  • 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C) I just warmed mine up in the microwave
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour (bread flour is preferred but work with whatcha got)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons white sugar
  • 2 boneless chicken breasts I actually cut up more but make as much as you'd like
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • 1 pizza dough
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup Wing Sauce
  • 1/3 cup of ranch
Directions

Dough-nt you believe it? Why it's homemade!
 
Pizza Dough Recipe
  1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
  2. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, white sugar and the yeast mixture; stir well to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed. Cover (I usually use a thin kitchen towel) and rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes (this is when you can start working on prepping for g.b. om-nom-nom). Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  3. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface (they're not kidding). Form dough into a round and roll out into a rectangular-esque specimen.
 Garbage Bread Recipe
  1. Cut chicken into cubes.  Season with salt and pepper.  Heat teaspoon of olive oil in skillet and add chicken when hot.  Cook chicken completely and then add 1/4 cup of wing sauce.  Stir to coat chicken and let simmer for a minute or two.  Take chicken off heat and let cool.
  2. Add the ranch dressing and remaining 1/4 cup of wing sauce.  Spread across the dough.  Add chicken and then top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.  You can also add a bit more of the wing sauce on top of the cheese.  I personally cannot get enough of the stuff. 
  3. This is when you start rolling.  Think "log-like."  It's important to make sure your dough has a fairly even consistency, otherwise you're going to get holes or tears in it and that's never any fun.  A quick fix that I like to do (working fast) is to stretch other parts of the dough over it. Remember to fold over the ends from the start and just keep tucking.
  4. Spray baking sheet with light coat of non-stick cooking spray.  Place garbage bread on the pan and bake for 30+ minutes.  Keep checking the dough.  Her original recipe said 20-25 minutes but I cook mine for longer than that.  Usually like 40-45 minutes but each oven is different.
  5. Let sit for five minutes and cut into and then you're ready to om-nom-nom =]


No comments :

Post a Comment